Occupational Health & Safety
It is the vision of Gauged Solutions Ltd to be an exemplary employer in all matters relating to health, safety and well-being and it is our aim to prevent injury and ill-health to those at work and those affected by our work activities.
We recognise and accept our statutory duty to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of all our employees and those who may be affected by our work activities, as defined by the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
All directors, managers, employees, associates, delegates and students are encouraged to develop and maintain a culture, which promotes healthy and safe working environments.
In particular we will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable:-
- Plant, equipment, places of work and working environments that are safe and without risks to health;
- Safe systems of work are established, implemented and adequately supervised;
- The provision of such information, instruction and training as is necessary to ensure health and safety at work;
- Safety and the absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances used at work;
- Adequate welfare facilities and arrangements.
To achieve our objectives we will:-
- Prioritise our work and work on the principal that work-related accidents, injuries, dangerous occurrences and ill-health conditions can be prevented and risks shall be managed both effectively and proportionately;
- Recognise the vital importance of the continued commitment of those engaged in our business to the highest standards of health and safety, and ensure that they have the necessary skills and support to achieve this;
- Actively promote employee and associate participation and co-operation in establishing and maintaining measures to improve health and safety at work;
- Ensure through sensible risk management that risks associated with our activities are identified and then eliminated, reduced or adequately controlled and that all such assessments are reviewed as appropriate;
- Provide and promote adequate means for effective communication, co-operation and consultation with our workforce;
- Provide sufficient finance and resources to successfully achieve our aims and objectives;
- Require that any organisations or individuals contracted to work with the company applies health and safety standards that are fully consistent with our own;
- Maintain a management system that will achieve these objectives and seek continual improvement in the effectiveness and performance of our management system based on “risk”.
Gauged Solutions Ltd is committed to promoting sustainability. A concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are both integral to our professional activities and themanagement of the organisation.
Our aim is to follow and promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities nd to help our clients do the same by:-
- Complying with, and exceeding where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice;
- Integrating sustainability considerations into all our business decisions;
- Ensuring that all directors, managers, employees, associates, delegates and students are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it;
- Minimising the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities;
- Ensuring our clients and suppliers are aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encouraging them to adopt sound sustainable management practices;
- Reviewing and continually striving to improve our sustainability performance.
To achieve our objectives we will:-
- Utilise technology e.g. telephone & video conferencing, where practicable, to undertake meetings except where the alternatives are impractical to reduce the need for travel and organise efficient timing of meetings and site visits to avoid multiple trips and reduce mileage;
- Reduce the need for our staff and associates to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc.;
- Promote the use of technology to support coaching, training and development e.g. the provision of e-learning courses;
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, e.g. by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste including supplying copies of training courses via email rather than printouts;
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment;
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping;
- Use an emissions recording scheme for business travel to monitor our impact.
This health, safety and sustainability policy provides a framework for setting, monitoring, reviewing and achieving our objectives, programmes and targets and meets the requirements and expectations of both ISO45001 and ISO14001.
To ensure the company maintains its awareness for continuous improvement, our management systems are regularly reviewed by Senior Management to ensure they remain appropriate and suitable to our business. Our management systems are subject to both internal and external annual audits.